Thirty-One Gifts

Hi! I'm now a consultant for Thirty-One Gifts! I use it to supplement my writing income.

Follow this link for more info:

Monday, May 20, 2013

Days Off

I always take Mondays off from the world.  I do a lot on the weekends: gardening, working out, errands, seeing family, and general housekeeping.  My hubby works out in the yard on his stuff, and I work on mine.  When Monday comes, I am exhausted.  I am physically tired, and it's actually like it's my Saturday.  During the week, I stay busy writing and now - working out.

But, today is Monday.  Everyone needs a break, and I try to use Mondays to recharge and work hard for the rest of the week.  Writing is not hard work, but working out is!  It's getting to be more fun than before, and I am starting to see results.  I had a long walk the other night, and my daughter said, "Oh, Mom, we should have gotten a cane for you," and I said an expletive, something to the tune of, "I don't need a #%&&* cane!"  She laughed; I laughed, but I wondered, is that what she thinks of my health?

That means that I should work out harder, although I made the walk just fine.  I mean, I did a 5K a couple of weeks ago.  Geez.  She was probably thinking of my bum ankle.  I should straighten this out!

Funny thing is, I got feedback from my editor, so I ended up working today, anyway.  See?  A writer can never leave her work... it's always in our heads.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm a fellow participant of the A to Z and now doing its road trip to leisurely visit everyone on the list....Taking Mondays off is a great idea. It's the only way to get one when your an independent writer. :-) Happy Summer to you.
    Don't be a Hippie
    Take 25 to Hollister

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant for your ankle! And besides I wanted a walking stick for my hikes!

    http://polkadotsandchampagne.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete