Thirty-One Gifts

Hi! I'm now a consultant for Thirty-One Gifts! I use it to supplement my writing income.

Follow this link for more info:

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

N is for Now I've Lost Weight

In three weeks, both on the doctor's scale, I've lost eight pounds!  I do feel better.  The water weight is gone, and now the fat pounds can begin dropping.  How did I do it?  I've written it all here, but I stayed within my Live Strong calorie limit for the last week and was careful the other two, exercised most every day: a walk, basketball, and yoga - not all every day, but at least one.  No fast food.  No sugared tea, only water and tea.  No fried food.  I think I had two fried things, and my fingers got swollen when I did eat them, so I quit that right quick.  Absolutely no soda.

More fruits and veggies have hit my plate in the last three weeks than I've eaten all year, and they are nature's cleanse...  I see these cleanses all the time, but all you need is a big pile of veggies and dark greens, and you'll feel better.  I've taken to smoothies lately for breakfast.  I make them myself, and it takes only a moment, and I feel full till lunch.  Sometimes I have one for dessert, but it's definitely a once-a-day thing.

So that's that.  Eight pounds - I can finally shout some success with pounds!  I've made a lot of changes, which have all led to this, but the biggest change is mental.  It's all in the way you think about yourself.

Smoothie recipe: Pinterest
(Tastes like an apple pie!)

Serves 2 - but 1 for a meal like breakfast.

5 raw almonds 
1 red apple (chunks)
1 banana 
3/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt 
1/2 cup nonfat milk 
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Blend all in a blender until desired consistency is reached.  Add a little ice to chill it.

11 comments:

  1. way to go!!! I am proud of you! focus more on what you CAN have rather than what you can't have... I found that when I decided I liked certain things (fruit) that when I wanted a "snack" it was something I liked. I hope you don't give up when you hit plateau's..they suck but stick with whatever you have been doing and eventually you loose again. and don't give up if you "fall off the wagon" and gain either!..sometime we just have to remember it's a "choice" not a "have to"... :o) you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the weight loss and the exercising. Keep it up!

    Precious Monsters

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing great. I also struggle with my weight and its tough to lose the older I get.

    Came by from Tales of the Reborn Crafter

    http://talesofthereborncrafter.blogspot.com/2013/04/n-is-for-little-something-about-nothing.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Veronica! I've just come back from a walk around the block (even though I didn't want to) but I feel so much better for it! Remember, you are gaining 'lightness' - this is a more positive way to look at this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting from the Challenge-- congrats to you on the weight loss. I know it's not easy. Vegetables are a big help in my weight loss progress as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your kind words and encouragement! Visiting you A to Z!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on losing weight! I need some of your motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome! Love the recipe. We've been juicing at our place, too, and have slowly adopted your list of good habits. After a while it just becomes so much easier. I don't want the sodas or the sweet tea anymore and I can actually taste the tea. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I tried your smoothie recipe--it tastes delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Everyone!

    The smoothie is good! I'm glad you tried it. It is easier-Bryan - and Mickey!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your weight loss! That's an amazing amount of progress in such a short amount of time. I totally admire your discipline.

    ReplyDelete