Thirty-One Gifts

Hi! I'm now a consultant for Thirty-One Gifts! I use it to supplement my writing income.

Follow this link for more info:

Saturday, May 4, 2013

5K Day and Naps

You really need a nap after a 5K.  I walked it in the sprinkly rain, and I enjoyed it.  Last year I was scared, unsure if I could do it, and didn't know what to expect.  Hubby carried an umbrella, not that we used it, and water with granola bars.  Now, all this is provided for free, but he had to put it together.  He's amazing.

The team I walked for, BringChange2Mind, was full of people.  Even though the rain kept people away in general, it was a great event, and they had a good turnout.  Tip:  I had a berry smoothie with plain Greek yogurt and honey before the walk, and it was just what I needed.

Naps are good after walking.  The fresh air is intoxicating, and lunch filled me, so I took the best nap ever.  Well, at least for a long time!  I didn't sleep well last night.  I'm told that's normal before a walk.  Hubby's belly is the perfect pillow.  I know.  Silly?

Just try a walk and a belly nap and get back to me.  Awesome day.

1 comment:

  1. I like sleeping on Grayson. And he likes sleeping on me!
    http://polkadotsandchampagne.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete