Thirty-One Gifts

Hi! I'm now a consultant for Thirty-One Gifts! I use it to supplement my writing income.

Follow this link for more info:

Saturday, March 9, 2013

The Junk Between Your Ears

   Yes, your brain is there.  It tells you silly things all the time.  Like: "You're not good enough," "You'll never lose the weight," and "Yeah, right, just try to fail."  The stuff between your ears, and how long it lingers there, is sometimes the exact sabotage you don't need.  Weight and losing it, keeping it on, or even being the right (normal) weight is all between your ears.  Always.

   That's why self-talk, inspirational messages taped everywhere, and affirmations are important.  Even the best athletes utilize all of that and more to be successful.  When attempting anything hard, you have to talk yourself into it, right?  Well, losing weight has got to be one of the hardest things to do, and it is the hardest thing I've ever attempted.  It has been a life-long battle, and I'm so glad that my daughter hasn't had to struggle as hard to maintain her weight.  She's good with exercising to keep her weight off and eating rather healthy.

   That's the only two things you have to do, yet we make it so hard on ourselves.  Eat right and exercise. If you are struggling with your weight, remember that you took a long time to gain it, and it won't come off tomorrow.  Meditate.  I've got to do that everyday.  Make a dream board.  I hear they work.

   After yoga tomorrow, I'll make a dream board.  I'll set a new direction for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment