Thirty-One Gifts

Hi! I'm now a consultant for Thirty-One Gifts! I use it to supplement my writing income.

Follow this link for more info:

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Food and Mood

Sugar can cause a high and a crash of mood.  So can caffeine, alcohol, and carbs.  You know this.  I know this.  Yet, we continue to eat man-made, fructose-laden food (just another name for sugar); heck, sugar was in the bread I used to eat!  The new wave of eating "clean," is a good chance for you to see how you feel when you eat better than when you eat junk.

I did a cleanse a few months back, and I plan on doing another.  My food lately had been mixed: some is clean and some not so good.  The thing is, I feel loads better without salt and sugar, but I truly do feel addicted to the sugar.  If there is any in the house, I'll eat it - eventually.  Probably sooner rather than later.  Very soon, after some footage is shot for a a thing I'm doing in the kitchen, I'm going to clean everything out and put in clean food.  Staples, food, produce, and particularly spices will be changed and added.

Sugar sends me in the atmosphere and the crash is worthy of a nap.  When I eat fruits and veggies, I am energized.  It seems like simple science, and it is, but we, I, make it so difficult.

Solution?  Just get off my butt!

I'm going to follow the Biggest Loser and Jillian's food plans, mixing them up for dinner variety.  We'll see how it goes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment