Thirty-One Gifts

Hi! I'm now a consultant for Thirty-One Gifts! I use it to supplement my writing income.

Follow this link for more info:

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Fruit: Solving the Sugar Cravings

Fruit!  I'd forgotten how much I love it.  When I went thoughtfully shopping the other day, Publix (our local grocery), had fruit bowls on sale for buy one get one free.  After skimming the small bowls for up to $8.00 a piece, I went for the uncut versions.  I picked up a whole pineapple, which is easier to cut than you think, cherries, grapes, strawberries, apples, and mangoes.  I'm having a ball this week.

Here's how to cut a pineapple:

If I have a sweet craving, I just eat a small bowl of fruit afterwards, and I feel better.  The cherries take longer to eat, so I munch on them as a snack.  They are also a natural painkiller, so I don't have to take a pain reliever for my daily headaches if I eat them.  I've had headaches my whole life, so a pain free fruit is heaven sent.  My friend, katie makes the best no-bake cookies with fruit.  I think she and I will have to see each other very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment