Thirty-One Gifts

Hi! I'm now a consultant for Thirty-One Gifts! I use it to supplement my writing income.

Follow this link for more info:

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Eating at a Friend's House

One of the hardest things to do when you leave the house is to eat properly, particularly when you are staying with someone, and have no control over the food they serve.  This happened to me week before last, and ended up giving me the worst case of indigestion by the end of the week.  I stayed the week, and I was able to catch good things in between main meals, like fresh fruit, yogurt, and granola bars; however, the rich clam chowder, ribs, mac and cheese, and more was an overload to my body and it could handle the rich foods.

It's because I've cleansed myself of a lot of junk when I add it up: no diet cokes, no processed sugar in my tea, more fruit, hummus, good-for-you cereal, and more.  The little changes are overcoming my bad habits.  I think from now on, I'll hit the grocery before staying with someone, or I'll take a care kit.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment