Thirty-One Gifts

Hi! I'm now a consultant for Thirty-One Gifts! I use it to supplement my writing income.

Follow this link for more info:

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

It's Not All About Weight...

Many people have asked me if I'll be weighing weekly, monthly, or some such pattern.  I officially weigh every three months at the doctor.  It's probably the most reliable.  I also don't fixate on the weight.  As Katie has said a million times, the weight will naturally drop if you're exercising and eating healthy.  Even with the small changes we've made here and there, I do feel better.  Much, actually.  I've been on diets since I was 15, and all I've gotten is fatter.  They make you think about food and exercise constantly, whereas with this "healthier" approach, I actually don't think about it too much.  I love not being obsessed about my body in a body-conscious society.  Not that I don't know about fat, calories, sodium, pounds, etc. - it's just that I'm concentrating more on the way my body feels.  The way that clothes are loose.  I even dropped a shoe size and width!  I don't feel bloated and gross.  I feel lighter and stronger.  I sleep better and more reasonably.  I have a lot more energy and I'm more productive.  I feel cleansed by the water and tea.  My skin is more moist, and it was drying due to poor diet, thirst, and my age.  My movement is easier.  I moved furniture yesterday, and I'm far less sore since I exercise now than I would have been before.  It really isn't about the weight, because the weight is a symptom of fixable problems.  Once those are remedied, the weight falls off.  Katie and I are curious, however, so she'll be bringing a scale soon.  I don't want one in the house!  The doctor will still be the official.  However, feeling strong and mobile again has been the biggest success so far.  :)

2 comments:

  1. I have a history very similar to yours, and although I advocate natural remedies whenever possible, I am a strong believer in Musclecreme to relieve the stress of working out. I buy the generic brand at Walgreen's. It's called _analgesic creme_ and costs less than $5. When it's on sale, I stock up. It works better than anything else I know of, and it's not greasy or smelly.

    Cheers,
    Beth (a friend of Darlene's)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you SO much! I'll get it. I've been using Icy Hot for harsh pain, but it is smelly!
    I appreciate you reading my blog~
    Best~ Veronica

    ReplyDelete