Thirty-One Gifts

Hi! I'm now a consultant for Thirty-One Gifts! I use it to supplement my writing income.

Follow this link for more info:

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Losing on Vacation!

I suppose it was the all of the increased activity, but I also watched, for the most part, how I ate.

The loss was one pound on a two-week vacation, and I love it.

I would have sworn I would have gained, as I couldn't control everything.  But more often, I said, "No, thank you," and I didn't feel bad about it.  I just would say no if offered a second helping or dessert.  That's not to say I didn't love my Grandfather's homemade peanut butter-chocolate pie, or Kendra's pumpkin cookies with cream cheese chips... they were worth it.

I broke my soda rule on one leg of the trip, but it tasted good at the time, and I drank ONLY water on the next leg, so I must have flushed all that out!  LOL  Anyway, I also ate vegetarian at one home, so Darlene's chili, jalapenos, green tomato relish, and spaghetti squash were excellent and helped.  I ate more on the first leg, but I was famished after the drive and was the most active I've been for a while.  Why?

This Floridian was not used to all the hills and stairs!  I haven't lived in a two-story house for 20 years, and it is flat here.  But, all that exercise helped me to be more active.  I was on-the-go every day, and there was never really a complete down day.

I've NEVER lost weight on a vacation.  Check off one more victory!

1 comment: