Thirty-One Gifts

Hi! I'm now a consultant for Thirty-One Gifts! I use it to supplement my writing income.

Follow this link for more info:

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Starve a Cold and Feed a Fever? Not!

My love has a small fever tonight, and we had to look up our grandmother's advice to see if it was true in the medical field.  It's not.  According to Web MD, you need to always eat, regardless of the illness, as your body needs the nutrients.  It gave advice to eat beta-carotene and vitamins C and E that you need for your immune system.  This lead us to a big debate about dinner.  We decided on breakfast, as we both grew up eating breakfast for dinner as a normal part of life.  Sometimes, it's the best choice.  Why?  It's comfort food, has protein, carbs, and fruit, and is delicious!

All in moderation: egg white omelets with baby portobello mushrooms, sweet potato home fries with a bit of cinnamon, cheese grits, and a bit of watermelon (to cool his fever), and we have a delicious impromptu meal!  My lover is in the kitchen - despite his small fever, as he loves his cooking more than mine.  I think I need Julia's cookbook, so that I may surprise him from time to time.

Yoga was today.  I love it.  Nothing like a workout followed by a nap from meditation!

No comments:

Post a Comment