Thirty-One Gifts

Hi! I'm now a consultant for Thirty-One Gifts! I use it to supplement my writing income.

Follow this link for more info:

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Splurging on a Birthday Dinner... Moderation?

1548 calories all in - even the cake.  Not bad, when you consider what a trip for fast food or a dinner out would cost you - thousands.  Since my hubby made dinner for my birthday last night, I just knew I would go over my calories for the day - according to Jillian!  I did go over just a bit, but since he made things from scratch, I was able to eat what I wanted and not kill the entire week in a day.  SO, what did I eat?

For dinner, I had an appetizer of cold peel and eat shrimp, a dinner including: 1 1/2 pounds of crab legs (in shell), fresh asparagus, and rice pilaf, and a slice of chocolate cake for dessert.   Thank goodness Kevin cooked, as he controlled such things as salt, butter, and the way things were cooked.  He steamed the seafood and the asparagus.  He only used a small amount of butter for dipping, not to cook with, and he used less eggs and oil in the boxed cake.   I was able to splurge while eating the seafood I love, and I couldn't have been happier.

I just added up the calories I would have eaten had I gone to Red Lobster, and it was 3030 calories.  That included cheddar bisquits and a 1490 calorie dessert.  Would you think their chocolate cake would be that much?  By staying home and controlling my food, I cut the number of calories I would have eaten by over half.  Besides that, I got to watch a great movie, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment