Thirty-One Gifts

Hi! I'm now a consultant for Thirty-One Gifts! I use it to supplement my writing income.

Follow this link for more info:

Friday, September 14, 2012

Exercise from Anywhere!

My friend, Dr. Jonna, came over the other day, and was kind enough to pick up my Chinese herbal meds that I take.  Keeps me calm and has completely done more than Activia has attempted to do for years!  I'm starting a menopause pill, and I'm waiting to see if it works on those symptoms.  I'll let you know when I know.  Anyway, I was telling Jonna all about my ankle still hurting, and it's even more painful when I exercise.  If you remember, I sprained it terribly in June - at my wedding!  It still swells, is painful, and the doctor will see it at the end of the month.

However, I felt awful last Saturday, and I needed to move.  Jonna fixed me.  She taught me how to exercise from my chair, and some limited exercises standing up.  I learned how to do push-ups against the wall, reverse crunches, (doesn't hurt the neck), and a complete core and back workout right from the chair.  She said to use different kinds of things around the house to lift, to help get rid of the arm swing.  It works.  I feel better.  Also, my ankle is not as bad.  She said it would take about six months to heal properly.  I can't wait.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment