Thirty-One Gifts

Hi! I'm now a consultant for Thirty-One Gifts! I use it to supplement my writing income.

Follow this link for more info:

Saturday, March 8, 2014

One Week On, One Week Off...

And I can really tell the difference.  I did not exercise as much last week, and I really am lethargic and sleepy.  I also ate off schedule.  I must go back to my first week with Jillian.  The pounds melted off.  I hope to continue that.

I am now two sizes smaller than I was.  I'm all over the 22/24s.  I'm so excited that I can buy things in the store now, and not just online.  I've got more confidence, and I'm moving with better flexibility.

Here's one of my favorite recipes from Jillian's first week, that I tweaked a bit:

Turkey Patties

1 pound ground turkey
1/4 cup black bean and corn salsa
1 egg
Touch of cayenne
Dash of cumin
Black Pepper

Mix all, Make four burgers, and either grill or broil till meat is done - about 6 minutes on each side.

I'm eating fish several times a week, and I need to find new sources of protein that are vegetarian.  I get tired of not only fish, but meat in general.  I am starting to feel heavy when I eat it.  Not fish, but other sources of animal meat.  It just sits in my stomach, making me feel heavy.  Don't get me wrong, I love some good steak or roast.  As a butcher's granddaughter, meat was how we survived, and he brought home good cuts for his family.  So, while I never see myself as a total vegetarian, I would like to go that way several days a week.


1 comment:

  1. the burger sounds good! We look to beans (not just baked! garbonzo beans, black beans, white beans, etc.), spinach, kale, quinoa and couscous for yummy non-meat protein. carlos will make a spinach and bean salad with a touch of spice and olive oil for a delicious lunch or healthy side to dinner. it fills you up without being heavy.

    ReplyDelete