Thirty-One Gifts

Hi! I'm now a consultant for Thirty-One Gifts! I use it to supplement my writing income.

Follow this link for more info:

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Night Eating

I am a night eater.  I know many people that are.  Doctors say that's bad, but others say that a calorie is a calorie, and no matter when it is consumed, counts.  Now, I'm not advocating eating a pizza before bed, but a snack is okay.  I eat later in the day, but that's my habit.  It's all habit, and changing it is a mind trip.  Motivation to quit eating at night is all between the ears.

Some tips to counter balance night eating:

1.  Drink a full glass of water before every meal or snack, as this helps fill you up.  It really works!
2.  Do something.  Most of us night eat out of stress or boredom.  Change your habits, and you'll see the results.
3.  Chew gum or hard candy (sugar free) put on some music, stretch and do yoga, read, exercise, do a CRAFT, as it will keep your mind, hands, and mouth busy.
4.  Get on Face Book and play a game.  These things are addictive.  I quit them, but it does work for a few peeps I've talked to.
5.  Save some calories for what you normally eat at night.
6.  Have low calorie snacks available: fruit, sugar free ice cream novelties. (Not a half gallon that you will eat half of...
7.  Call a friend and talk a while.
8.  Clean something.  (This one is my favorite, as time flies.)
9.  If you do eat, don't graze.  Just eat one or two things.
10. Change your mind and throw away the food you just made.  A therapist once told me that you can throw food away (Which we were taught to NEVER do!), or you can throw yourself away.

In essence, stress, boredom, celebrations, holidays and more can be celebrated and handled in many ways, and you don't have to always center it around food.  Enjoy the company of others.

I know I will try harder.  I've gained 6 pounds, and I don't like it.  We are headed into prime eating season, and I should get a grip before I gain more!  Ahhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment