Thirty-One Gifts

Hi! I'm now a consultant for Thirty-One Gifts! I use it to supplement my writing income.

Follow this link for more info:

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

New Me and New Book!


Hello!

I know it's been a good long time since you've heard from me.  I've lost a lot of weight.  Unfortunately, I have just that much more to lose and then some.  That's depressing, but at least I know I can do it now!  I'll get back to weight tomorrow, as I am now in the middle of writing my first novel and second book.  Called Pieces of Mother, you can access info at INDIEGOGO, where I am collecting donations to aid me in promoting and selling this book about domestic violence.  It is one of the most important subjects, for women in particular, but men as well.  See below for the amazing details!  If you would like to donate and check out all that's about, go here: DONATE  Thank you!

Ever wanted to write the Great American Novel? 

Pieces of Mother, the story of 13 year-old Jude spoke to me.  She lives in a 1970's household full of violence and alcohol.  How will she save herself and her sisters?  A gripping story of one young girl attempting to escape her cruel stepfather and her mother, who may just have given up.  This book is about the violence we witness, love, death, and redemption.

Excerpt from Pieces of Mother:
"Jude put their loot in the flowered basket at the front of her bike and they were off! She pedaled very carefully around the church, as everyone was spilling out of church and filling the street, and went home to find the car gone. She went into the house with Beth, scuttled downstairs to the finished basement, and made a fort with chairs and sleeping bags. She threw all the couch pillows into the hole she made, and put in her tape recorder, the candy and drinks, and crawled in. Beth crawled in after her. Jude put in her Barry Manilow tape. They stayed in there the rest of the afternoon. 
‘Til they heard the door slam"
Since I am self-publishing, I will need the money for my ISBN number, books to sell, table and event fees for selling, gas and toll $ for traveling to independent bookstores, conventions, and book fairs.  Thank you!
To see more of my work, including the non-fiction book, She's So Bipolar at Amazon:      http://www.amazon.com/Shes-So-Bipolar-Veronica-...

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to hold the published piece and read the entire thing!

    ReplyDelete